Alfen Charging Equipment works with (international) partners for the service and repair of charging stations for electric cars. In case of questions, these partners call the call center number.
This in-house technical support team needed a new telephony solution. The old telephone exchange did not offer enough flexibility, (management) options and reports. The exchange also consisted of various systems that were maintained by internal and external parties, which did not improve reliability and manageability.
In the preliminary phase, we had extensive talks with Alfen’s stakeholders about their wishes and requirements. Based on that, we created a mockup in 3CX, recreated the use case in miniature and demonstrated it to Alfen’s team. After their enthusiastic response, this solution was then built and implemented.
The main technical changes:
- The incoming calls for the technical support team have been disconnected from Alfen’s Teams environment due to limited possibilities for thorough Customer Care routing
- Skill groups have been created to answer calls from field service engineers in the correct time zone and language
- Thanks to the introduction of local telephone numbers, Alfen can now be called at a local rate in every country where engineers are active
- Partner-specific telephone numbers have also been activated so Alfen support immediately sees which partner is calling and routing can take place without needing IVRs
- Individual routing has been created per country for all outgoing calls, so a technical support engineer can return a field engineer’s call using a local phone number