Let’s look at the benefits first. Why are non-geographic numbers suitable for customer service?
- They are ideal to create the feeling of a nationwide presence as they aren’t tied to a specific geographic area
- They are usually cheap to call from both fixed and mobile lines. Calling costs are the same as for a local/national call. For (mobile) callers, this type of number is generally included in the free minutes’ bundles
- There are no accessibility limitations. They can be reached from any carrier network, both fixed and mobile. And they can be called from anywhere in the world
- Calls can be delivered anywhere, both within the country as well as abroad. Also to any type of number or IP address (i.e. termination ID) and on any type of infrastructure
- All types of routing possible, such as % split-routing, time-of-day routing, overflow or any other routing scheme.
- No need to change numbers when you move your office to a different location within a country. These phone numbers aren’t tied to a geographic location
- They are easy and quick to set-up
- Because these numbers are charged at the rate of a local/national call, these numbers are usually compliant with local legislation. However, this is still something that needs to be checked to be certain
- You can opt for an easy to remember number, depending on availability